SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· A writing and editorial background covering all aspects of journalism, marketing, and advertising.
· Production experience in all media, including advertising, magazines, and
2015-present Executive Editor, American Media, Inc. [New York, NY]
• Sole editor, reporter, and photo editor for NationalEnquirer.com from
2015 through Nov. 2018, including social media management.
• Human interest, health and crime stories for print editions of The
National Enquirer, National Examiner and Globe.
• Responsible for AMI’s television listings and featured coverage of
television shows, movies, video releases, and music.
• Overseeing advertorial promotions for clients including ABC, CBS,
SlimFast, Best Buy, WWE, and TV One.
• Daily social media promotion, newsletters, and press release news blasts.
2013-2014 Editor/Weekend Editor, COED.com [New York, NY]
• Overseeing content and writing articles for consumer website covering
celebrities, sports, spirits, college news, and popular culture.
• Overseeing advertorial promotions for clients including Showtime,
Bacardi Limited, and Gillette.
• Overseeing SEO copy and daily social media promotion.
2012-2013 Editorial Director, BlueLink Marketing [New York, NY]
• Overseeing content for consumer websites covering travel, tourism,
celebrities, fashion, design, health and wellness, gardening, college life,
pets, and popular culture—with 300% increase in organic traffic after first
three months of employment.
• Writing daily editorial and overseeing SEO copy for all sites.
• Overseeing social media, logo design and site redesigns.
• Implementation of freelancer networks for sites, in addition to creation
of video content and development of additional properties.
2010-2012 Content Manager, Internet Assets [New York, NY]
• Overseeing content for consumer websites with over 1 million unique
visitors daily—with 200% increase in traffic after first three months of
• Writing editorial for network with over 9 million viewers daily, and
providing daily blog entries and SEO copy for over 500 (yes, 500) additional
websites. Overseeing community forums and providing daily interaction
with technical support. Site design and copywriting for in-house ads.
2002-2010 Freelance Writer/Editor [New York, NY]
• Development of American nightlife guides for KH Medienverlag GmbH in
• Contributing editor for S.K. Entertainment, developing book, internet,
and magazine projects for consumer entertainment website. Contributing
writer to two site-related books from major publishing company.
• Entertainment journalism and business news coverage for clients
including New York’s Daily News and Village Voice. Film and music reviews
and regular columns in Stomp and Stammer (Atlanta, GA) and Black &
White (Birmingham, AL).
• Liner notes for Anchor Bay DVD and King Biscuit Flower Hour, and also
writing for MOJO, Total Movie & Entertainment, and other publications.
1999-2002 Senior Editor, Playboy Enterprises [New York, NY]
• Founding Editor of Rouze.com (1999), a daily men’s general interest site
bought by Playboy Enterprises in February 2000.
• Headed marketing and e-commerce development through Playboy online
store and its affiliates, including gaming and other paid site development
for Spice subsidiary.
• Sole employee asked to remain on board to guide the development of the
website for the buyer.
• Managed editorial and marketing operations of Rouze.com:
responsibilities included production, editing, and writing of daily feature
articles, columns, and video footage for site.
1998-1999 Freelance Writer/Columnist/Producer [New York, NY]
• Producing, marketing, and entertainment journalism. Projects including
ad campaigns, in-house videos, and B2B copy and promotions.
• Clients included First Union Bank (1999), Globe Communications (1999),
Crescent Publishing (1999), Arista Records (1998), Def Jam Records (1998),
New York’s Daily News (1998), NY Press (weekly columnist, 1992-1999),
and Entertainment Weekly (weekly contributor, 1994-1998).
1996-1998 Senior Editor, Crescent Publishing [New York, NY]
• Wrote, edited, trafficked, proofread, and developed articles and fiction
for consumer magazine and related websites.
• Hired and supervised staff of freelance writers and artists, in addition to
overseeing photo shoots.
1995-1996 Creative Director, Grey Entertainment [New York, NY]
• Headed new business development and campaigns for existing clients of
entertainment branch of Grey Advertising. Oversaw creative teams and
developed campaigns and strategies, including work on Broadway accounts.
• Developed websites for existing clients, in addition to creating sites to
demonstrate importance of internet to potential new clients.
• Freelance for ABC Television through 1997.
1994-1995 Segment Producer, The Jon Stewart Show [New York, NY]
• Wrote comedic interplays between host and celebrity guests.
• Prepared and researched celebrity interviews.